Vumi's Antika  

Nazad   Vumi's Antika > O S T A L O > Zanimljivosti > Antika
Portal Galerija Pričaonica Detektor šop Pomoć korisnička lista Kalendar

Antika Sve što pronađete u internetu, knjigama i sl. a mislite da spada u ovaj vremenski period

Odgovor

Teme - opcije
Staro 30.04.2009, 16:38
nummus
Gost

prilozi: n/a
Valentinian - Unikatni srebrni medaljon - multipla

Americka firma Golberg na svojoj aukciji koja ce se odrzati krajem maja nudi jedan unikatni srebrni medaljon - multiplu od 48 silikvi cara Valentiniana. To je za sada najveci i najtezi rimski novcic iskovan u srebru. Dimenzije su mu impresivne, 104.30 grama, 66 mm!!! Pocetna cijena, bagatela $300,000 - 400,000. Mislim da ce da se proda 3-4 puta vise. Na zalost nije moje vlasnistvo.... Evo i detalja na engleskom, preuzeto sa njihovog sajta.

Valentinian I, AD 364-375. Silver Multiple of 24 Miliaresia (48 Siliquae) 104.3 g. 66 mm., minted at Antioch, AD 369. Diademed, cuirassed and draped bust right of Valentinian. Reverse: Legend in four lines within laurel wreath; below, "AN" (mintmark for Antioch). Unpublished, and apparently unique; cf. Kent, RIC X, p. 139 discussing the Priscus Attalus medallion of quarter-pound weight. Some light porosity and displaying stray marks. Minimal wear results in the net grade of Extremely Fine. .

This, the largest silver coin known of the Roman Empire, is a silver multiple weighing one-third of a Roman pound of silver. Remarkably thick in comparison to contemporary silver coins, it was struck at a time when silver, as a metal, was scarce. The normal silver unit of account was the siliqua; 24 siliquae equaled a gold solidus. The siliqua, the silver miliarense and the gold solidus were introduced during the monetary reforms of Constantine the Great. During Constantine's reign, gold was valued at about 14 times the worth of an equal weight of silver. Modern numismatists use the terms "siliqua" and "miliarense"as denomination names; however, they have no basis in fact as having been used in ancient times to refer to a specific coin.

This gargantuan gift was no doubt presented to a high-ranking Roman officer or dignitary. One theory that has been advanced is the possibility that Count Theodosius himself, peacemaker of Britain at the time, was the recipient of the medallion. A likely occasion for this honor was Valentinian's quinquennial celebration, held on 25 February AD 369.
Estimated Value $300,000 - 400,000.
prikačene grafike
Tip dokumenta: jpg ValentinianMedaljon.jpg (47,5 KB, 34x prikazano)
odgoovorite sa citatom
Odgovor

Forumske odredbe
Vama nije dozvoljeno, postavljanje novih tema.
Vama nije dozvoljeno odgovarati na priloge
Vama nije dozvoljeno uploadovati dokumenta
Vama nije dozvoljeno obrađivati vaše priloge

BB-kod je uključen.
Smileys su uključen.
[IMG] Kod je uključen.
HTML-kod je isključen.

Slične teme
TEMA Autor Forum odgovora zadnji prilog
medaljon RUAH Nakit 6 03.08.2009 17:56

brojač posjetilaca